Saturday, July 31, 2010

You are my God, there is no other;
You stand alone as Lord of all.
Giver of life, peace and prosperity.
Lord, You are Lord of all.


Here I am, once again standing in awe of the goodness of God and the blessings (undeserved blessings) that He gives me. And while He keeps blessing me, keeps giving me things that I need and even those things that I just want...I find myself longing for more.

Of course I want more of the spiritual things God has to show me. A greater connection with Him, a deeper love and appreciation for His grace and mercy without which I wouldn't be able to carry on. Just a general hunger to be in His presence and to live a life that is exemplary to those around me.

Then there are the natural things that I want. A new purse, wallet and watch; to lose all the weight I desire at the gym this summer; more clothes; straight As. (You know, the good ol' essentials!)

Then there are the things that I want, but that I'm so convinced God wants for me to. The things that I can't imagine living the rest of my life without. The things that will make me a better person, not only a better Christian.

I have many goals that I want to accomplish this summer, and the month of June is almost over...I have to get working! There are so many places I want to go to and people that I want to see. There are projects I wish to complete and books to read, formulas to learn and students to prepare for.

However, when I look at everything that I want to do, there's only one thing that is at the top of my list: develop a better relationship with God. I really do take to heart the scripture that says, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." I believe that my goals are the "these things" that God is talking about in His word. I don't think God sees anything as trivial. If it's something that's important to me, it's important to Him; as long as it's within His will.

So God, You are the most important thing to me right now. I want to get my relationship with You right so that I can continue on in the relationships I already have as well as the relationships I hope to form. I don't want to do anything out of your will, so I need your guidance.

I'll keep track of how my goals are coming along. I promise to begin every post with the lyrics from a song. The song will probably be the one that has been on my mind all day, or just a song I really love.

peace and love.

No comments: